PfB expands to become a PÜZ centre
On the ‘Open Day’, the PfB officially announced that it was recognised as a PÜZ centre.
So-called testing, monitoring and certification bodies in accordance with the state building regulations – PÜZ bodies for short – are impartial third-party bodies and help to ensure that construction products comply with national requirements and can be used safely.
After many years of recognition as a testing centre, the PfB has now also mastered the path to recognition as a monitoring and certification body. This new recognition was announced for the first time on the “Open Day” at PfB Rosenheim on 7 October 2021.
In addition to impartiality, sufficient technical expertise and experience as well as suitable premises and technical equipment are basic prerequisites for obtaining this recognition.
In the first recognition phase as a monitoring and certification body, the area of fire protection closures was carried out in accordance with approval numbers Z-6.20… was carried out.
Together with corresponding notifications in accordance with the Construction Products Regulation, manufacturers are now also given the opportunity by the PfB to have fire protection closures certified for both exterior and interior applications.
In addition to these accreditations, the PfB also offers a wide-ranging test portfolio as a test centre recognised in accordance with the state building regulations in the areas of
- Interior doors that are subject to sound insulation requirements, with the exception of fire and smoke protection closures
- Roller shutter boxes with thermal and sound insulation requirements
- Doors and gates as smoke protection closures, except curtains
- Prefabricated fall-protection glazing with tested load-bearing capacity
- Types of construction for fall-protection glazing with tested load-bearing capacity
We are now at your disposal as a PÜZ centre.